Fair Trade builds economic independence for family farmers by:
- Guaranteeing a fair price for their harvest
- Providing access to consumer markets, cutting out unnecessary middlemen
- Supporting community development such as roads and schools
- Providing affordable access to credit
- Promoting sustainable farming practices
- Enabling farmers to plan for the future
With a Fair Trade price for their coffee, farmers can afford better healthcare, food and housing. Families stay together, and kids can stay in school. When farmers can afford to take good care of themselves and their land, you get a better cup of coffee.